What is Evita X ?
With 5.0+ ROM's the switch from dalvik to ART has greatly increased the size of installed apps. We have met the limit of our old
small /data partition's fixed size. This has made it impossible for users to keep more than 15 or so extra apps installed.
Modern devices have all migrated to a /data/media format where /data and internal storage share
one partition to allow them both to share space as needed.
The EvitaX project brings a modified partition scheme to alleviate this issue and then some. First, we will repurpose our internal sdcard partition ( labeled "by-name/fat", ~11GB/~24GB depending on varient ) as the new /data partiton. Here we will emulate a /data/media style storage structure to allow /data and /sdcard to share the larger partition. This sacrifices some space for /data but restores usability. Second, we will repurpose the old, now unused, /data partition (labeled "by-name/userdata" ~2.5GB) as the new /system partition. This allows for full build time dex-opt of all system apps. This means 80-90 less apps to optimize on boot after flashing an update.
This change is reversible, detaisl to follow in recovery section.
What ROM's support this ?Currently CM 12.1 builds listed below support this modified partition scheme. Take notice these builds are labeld EvitaX. These builds will only install on devices with the moddified partition layout. A custom recovery is required to support this as well.
Developers can implement these changes in thier own builds by picking THISa> change for thier own ROMS. strongly encourage device maintainers to ensure TARGET_OTA_ASSERT_DEVICE is supported by their build environment. This adds an assert for the EvitaX device name to the top of updater-script.
How Do I Use This ? (Or revert back ?)THIS REQUIRES MANUALLY CHANGING PARTITON FILE SYSTEM FORMATS
ALL DATA WILL BE LOST, THERE IS NO EASY MIGRATION FROM STANDARD CM 12.1 NIGHTLIES
* Flash the custom TWRP build below. This custom build supports both partition types. We will utilize the old, now unused, /system partition (labeled "by-name/system" ~1.5 GB) as our conversion check.
* Backup all of the files on internal storage (/sdcard) to your computer or they will be lost.
* In recovery, wipe /system using the "Advanced wipe" menu. Select "system" and use the "Change File System" option to convert /system to FAT.
* Reboot to recovery. This gives recovery the chance to detect the new format and load the new partition scheme fstab. To verify the mode in which your device has booted recovery, use adb: adb shell getprop ro.product.device
* Manually wipe /system, /data, /cache
* Use adb or MTP to transfer ROM + gapps(if desired) to device and flash as normal.
You can now use your device as usual. When you format (wipe) partitions in the future, there’s nothing special to remember. You can use the standard Wipe screen (not Advanced Wipe) and your partitions will retain their filesystems.
TO REVERT TO STOCK LAYOUT:
The modified recovery mounts the old "by-name/system" partition as sdcard1 for easy revert. * reboot to recovery
* In recovery, wipe /system using the "Advanced wipe" menu. Select "Sdcard1" and use the "Change File System" option to convert /Sdcard1 to EXT4.
* reboot to recovery, the standard fstab will load.
* Wipe all partitions as instructed above and proceed to flash desired ROM/gapps.
Kernel for AOSP roms only!!
Based on CM's current 3.4 kernel
Compiled with Christopher83's custom tweaked GCC 4.9.3 linaro toolchain
This should work on all 5.0 AOSP roms for EVITA
* Interactive/BFQ by default
* 1.7ghz OC available (1.5ghz is stock/default setting) - REMOVED IN noOC/noVC VERSION
* 3 stage 2D/3D GPU OC avaialable (200/400 stock/default setting, 320/512 max) - REMOVED IN noOC/noVC VERSION
* Voltage Control -as implemented by Faux123 - REMOVED IN noOC/noVC VERSION
* QCOM Vmin Bypass (allows CPU to follow stock voltages tables rather than qcom enforced minimum voltage for errata cases - REMOVED IN noOC/noVC VERSION
* 3-stage kernel based thermal control from Showp1984
* S2W/DT2W/POCKET DETECTION from flar2 (off by default)
* BLN (button light notification) from tbalden, blinks hardkey backlight when there are pending notifications (off by default)
* Dynamic Fsync from Faux 123
* Additional Gov/Sched options
* USB FAST CHARGE
* Faux sound control patches from Faux123
* Advanced TCP Congestion Control Choices
* Bunches of minor optimizations from all over github.
* My source is always current with my releases and possibly any new work, feel free to check in on it anytime for the full list of tweaks and thier sources.